Health Tip: Why You Might Have an Earache
(HealthDay News) -- Pain in the ear has many possible causes and may be accompanied by other symptoms.
The U.S. National Library of Medicine offers this list of possible reasons for earache:
- Arthritis in the jaw.
- An infection in the middle or outer ear.
- Changes in pressure that damage the ear.
- An object lodged in the ear, or a significant buildup of ear wax.
- A ruptured or perforated eardrum.
- A sinus infection, infected tooth or sore throat.
- Temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ).