Health Tip: Mold May Make You Sick

(HealthDay News) -- Molds thrive in damp places, such as around doors and windows, and on wet carpeting.

Some people can become sick from exposure to mold, while others show little or no reaction, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.

The CDC mentions these common symptoms of mold exposure:

  • Nasal stuffiness and congestion.
  • Irritated throat.
  • Irritated eyes.
  • Wheezing or coughing.
  • Skin irritation.
  • Serious lung infections among some people with chronic lung disease.

Related Articles

A 'Hypoallergenic' Dog? You May Be Barking Up the Wrong Tree

Continue

Climate Change Could Change the Ragweed Sneezin' Season

Continue

School Prep Includes Planning Allergy, Asthma Management

Continue