Health Tip: Signs of a Yeast Diaper Rash
(HealthDay News) -- While diaper rash is common and usually clears up with at-home care, a yeast diaper rash can be more serious and may need a doctor's attention.
The Boston Children's Hospital mentions these warning signs:
- Development of sores or blisters that are larger than 1 inch across.
- A rash that doesn't get better within three days, or a rash that starts to bleed or turns bright red or raw.
- Formation of crusts, pimples, blisters or boils.
- A rash that spreads beyond the diaper area, or affects baby's sleep.
- Development of a fever for an unknown reason.